Charter for clients of APS psychologists
All psychologists are legally required to be registered in Australia, which means your psychologist is registered with the Psychology Board of Australia. Your psychologist may also be a member of the Australian Psychological Society, the largest professional organisation
for Psychologists in Australia. These safeguards mean that your Psychologist is properly trained and ensures that you receive high quality, ethical service.
As a client of a psychologist at Capital Psychology Clinic, you have the right to expect that:
- You will be treated with respect at all times.
- Your cultural background and language tradition will be respected.
- You will be given a clear explanation of the services you will receive.
- You will be asked to give your consent for any service provided by your Psychologist prior to the service commencing and as it progresses.
- You will receive an explanation about the confidentiality of the service and the exceptional situations where your confidentiality may not be protected.
- You will receive a clear statement about fees for your Psychologist’s services.
- There will be a discussion about the estimated number of sessions required to achieve your goals.
- You will receive skilled and professional services from your Psychologist.
- There will be clear goals that you and your psychologist are working towards.
- You can ask any questions about the service you are receiving.