Psychologist / Mental Health Occupational Therapist
Perks and benefits
- Close-knit and friendly culture - we provide regular team meetings, team supervision and team social events
- Work/life balance- We encourage all psychologists to engage in self-care and plan a working week that will allow you to work to your potential and gain the most out of your position as well as your lifestyle
- Flexibility - Full-time onsite or interstate online position options
- Leadership opportunities - in-house mentoring programs and presentations.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a passionate and motivated full-time or part-time psychologist or Mental Health Occupational Therapist with full registration, who has experience and training in working with children, adolescents and families. Due to overwhelming demand, we require the position to focus on using evidence-based approaches and working in collaboration with other allied health agencies, including speech and occupational therapy to support children and families.
- You must be willing to do telehealth online sessions.
- Minimum of 3 days per week required, up to 5 days.
Skills and experience
- Full Registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Current ABN (or willing to get one) and professional indemnity insurance
- Wants to nurture relationships with local referral agencies
- Works within the best practice evidenced-based modalities of psychology
- Experience providing therapy for children, adolescents and/or families - Preferrable
- Clinical Psychologist highly desirable
Mental Health Occupational Therapist
You will be competent in conducting sensory assessments and writing comprehensive reports based on your advanced clinical understanding, application of various clinical assessments and implementation of appropriate interventions to address prioritised needs. You will have knowledge of how to write reports needed for the NDIS model.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Provide high-level clinical services including client assessment, treatment and therapy.
- Run various educational sessions and therapy programs.
- Produce high standard comprehensive Occupational Therapy reports including behaviour support plans.
Qualifications and Skills for Mental Health Occupational Therapist
- Approved qualification in Occupational Therapy and AHPRA registration.
- Approved Occupational Therapy Mental Health Accreditation with Medicare.
- Accredited Postgraduate Masters or Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, and full endorsement in the area of Clinical Psychology or eligibility to progress to 'Clinical Psychology Registrar' status.